Ooey Gooey S’mores Bars are a delicious treat inspired by campfire s’mores with melty marshmallow, a buttery graham cracker crust, and a rich-sweet chocolate. These satisfying and easy to make bars are irresistible!
If you love s’mores then be sure to try Nutella s’mores bars too! My family loves the creamy chocolate Nutella flavor and anything made with it is worth trying in our opinion!
Ooey Gooey S’mores Bars
Last weekend we went to a friend’s house for a barbecue. We roasted marshmallows around their fire pit and everyone made s’mores. It was so much fun! Now, you know that I pride myself on being able to make a pretty fantastic s’more! However, my youngest really struggled. After a few marshmallows dropped into the fire pit and a few caught fire, finally I got the idea to make a more practical version of this classic treat. One that would still have all the classic marshmallow chocolate and graham cracker flavors without the hassle of the fire.
These ooey gooey bars are so quick and easy. They are perfect for those of us with no patience for waiting for the perfect marshmallow, and those who want leftovers that can be eaten for days. And let me tell you, the texture of biting into this ooey gooey s’mores bar is unbelievable! It has the chewy graham cracker crust, and a warm, rich chocolate layer with marshmallow oozing out of every bite. Such an amazing dessert that everyone will be craving all summer!!
Ingredients for Ooey Gooey S’mores Bars
These ingredients are all staples in my pantry. I find that with these basics I am ready to make most of the desserts my family loves the most!
- Graham crackers: The sweet and crunchy crust of the s’mores bars. (UK readers use digestive biscuits if you can’t find graham crackers)
- All purpose flour: Combine together with graham crackers and salt.
- Salt: Adjust to your taste depending on preference and the butter you use.
- Butter: Softened to easily mix together with graham crackers. If you use unsalted add a bit of salt so the bar is not too sweet.
- Brown Sugar: Rich sweetness mixed in to the chewy cracker crust.
- Vanilla Extract: Brings out the other flavors and add its own richness into the graham cracker crust.
- Hershey Bar’s: Hershey’s is my favorite, but any kind will work.
- Marshmallow fluff: Sweet gooey marshmallow
How to Make Ooey Gooey S’Mores Bars
These yummy treats are so easy to make and even easier to disappear! The hardest part is waiting for these babies to cool! Sometimes I even put them in the freezer to speed up the process!
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8×8 inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Crush graham crackers: In a food processor, pulse the graham cracker sheets until finely ground without any lumps. Combine it with the flour and salt and set aside.
- Make Crust: Cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla. Add the graham cracker and flour mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Form Layers:Press 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of your 8×8 inch pan. Lay the Hershey Bars evenly across the bottom. Using a small spoon dollop the marshmallow fluff evenly on top of the nutella. Crumble the remaining dough on top. I would kind of pat the dough flat with my hands and lay it on top and spread it on top. Some of the marshmallow will peek through.
- Bake: Place in oven for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Let them completely cool before cutting. They can still be a little warm and are amazing!
More S’Mores Please!
I couldn’t believe how easy it was to create such a sweet, transportable s’mores dessert! In what felt like no time I was serving these delicious treats up and everyone was amazed at how delicious they were! To make the most perfect version for your friends and family (or for yourself…self care is so important!) consider these things I learned when making mine.
- Chocolate: Use any chocolate you have. To me the Hershey’s Chocolate bar is the exact chocolate flavor I am looking for in a s’mores dessert. However, any chocolate bar that you love will work great!
- Add Peanut Butter: I experimented with adding in peanut butter and crunchy peanut butter. I have to say I loved the creamy! I would advise melting the peanut butter slightly so it easier to spread over the chocolate layer.
- Garnish: Add some chocolate chips on the top for an impressive presentation. It is totally not necessary for taste, but it looks great!
- Parchment Paper: To get a great layer of graham cracker on the top of your bars form the dough on a piece of parchment paper then carefully flip onto the top of the marshmallow fluff. It will be easier than trying to spread it on top of the sticky fluff.
- Graham Cracker: Be sure when you crush the graham crackers you have no big chunks left.
Although usually a great sign of a well made s’more is a messy face, this s’mores bar is meant to look a little more put together. So here are my tips for having great looking s’mores bars in addition to their fantastic taste!
- Cool: Let the bars cool completely before cutting into them. (I recommend chilling in the refrigerator overnight) Otherwise, you will have a hot mess of marshmallow fluff and chocolate. Delicious, but not so pretty.
- Parchment Paper: After the bars have cooled, using the edge of the parchment paper lift the bars out of the baking dish. Then, cut into small squares.
- Store: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days.
Don’t Forget these S’mores Desserts Too:
- No Bake S’mores Pie
- S’mores Fudge Pops
- Gooey S’mores Cookies
- S’mores Brownies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup S’mores
- S’mores Dip
To Die For Ooey Gooey S’mores Bars
- 9 sheets graham crackers
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 Hershey Bar’s
- 1/2 jar marshmallow fluff 7 oz.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8×8 inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse the graham cracker sheets until finely ground without any lumps. Combine it with the flour and salt and set aside.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla. Add the graham cracker and flour mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Press 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of your 8×8 inch pan. Lay the Hershey Bars evenly across the bottom. Using a small spoon dollop the marshmallow fluff evenly on top of the hersheys chocolate pieces. Crumble the remaining dough on top. I would kind of pat the dough flat with my hands and lay it on top and spread it on top. Some of the marshmallow will peek through.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Let them completely cool before cutting. They can still be a little warm and are amazing!