Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies are a sweet treat that are super fast and easy! Make these pink cookies for Valentines Day, baby showers or any special occasion.
Cooking with cake mixes is one of the greatest hacks for all bakers. From Neiman Marcus Bars, to Honeybun Cake to Apple Dump Cake, cake mixes just make it that much easier to get dessert on the table.
Cake Mix Cookies
I love making delicious desserts that are so easy, it’s almost like I cheated. Strawberries are almost in season. I can’t wait to use them to make Brownies, Pretzel Salad or this amazing Salad! I do like using fresh strawberries in cookies, but when I can’t find good strawberries or I need that incredible pink color all over, I love using this strawberry cake mix cookie recipe. The strawberry cake mix gives an incredible strawberry flavor that’s almost hard to get any other way. It’s the perfect pink color too! It’s just the right shade for any festive occasion. Anyone who is a fan of strawberries is going to love these cookies. They are unique but so easy and they taste amazing!
Chocolate and strawberry are just meant to go together. With these cake mix cookies you can mix and match your add ins. The white chocolate chips add the perfect smooth sweetness to go with the tangy strawberry. M&M’s are a fun colorful addition and give a deeper chocolate flavor. Another idea is to melt white chocolate to dip the strawberry cake mix cookies in and then decorate as you desire for your special occasion. Your family and friends are going to love them. And you are going to love how simple they are!
Ingredients for Strawberry Cookies
With only 3 ingredients, these can’t get much easier or quicker. Use your favorite strawberry cake mix for these divine cookies.
- Vegetable Oil: Canola or vegetable oil will work.
- Eggs: 2 Large eggs
- Strawberry Cake Mix: Use your favorite brand
- Optional Mix Ins: White Chocolate Chips, M&M’s (For valentines use red, pink and white M&M’s or White Chocolate for melting and dipping.
Let’s Bake Cookies!
Because these are so simple they come together fast and are the perfect go to cookie when you are in a hurry. They’ll always come out chewy, sweet and divine!
- Prep: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix: In a medium sized bowl combine the oil and the eggs. Stir in the cake mix.
- Add ins: Fold in optional mix ins if using.
- Bake: Using a small cookie scoop drop the cookies on the sheet spacing 2 inches apart. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until set. Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack.
- Top: If using the melted white chocolate, dip each half of the cookie and top with sprinkles.
Tips For Easy Cake Mix Cookies
These are so easy and so good, you are going to want to make them all the time. Go for it! I don’t think anyone will complain.
- Don’t Over Bake: These cookies have a fine line between done and over done. Overbaking the cake mix cookies will leave them dry instead of moist and tender. As soon as there is any browning on the cookies you’ll want to pull them. Check the first batch often to get the timing that will work best with your oven.
- Refrigerate dough: To help the dough keep its form and bake evenly chill the cake mix cookie dough for about 30 minutes before baking. The strawberry cookies will full up instead of spread out.
- Cookie Scoop: Use a cookie or small ice cream scoop to get the same shape in your cookies. It will help them cook evenly.
- Use Parchment or silicone: To keep the cookies from sticking to your sheept pan, use parchment paper or a silicone cookie mat to line your sheet pan.
Variations and Storage of Strawberry Cookies
Cookies are divine in all their varieties, from white chocolate oreo cookies to homemade Danish butter cookies. They are the perfect portion sized dessert with soft tender insides and crispy outsides. Strawberry cake mix cookies are no exception. You may need to make more than one times the recipe.
- Add ins: M&M’s and white chocolate chips are just suggestions. You can use semi sweet chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chunks if you desire. Or just leave them plain!
- Frost them: I love the decadence of the melted white chocolate, but you can use a cream cheese frosting, chocolate frosting, vanilla or strawberry frosting to top them. But don’t forget the sprinkles!
- Roll it: For a crinkle cookie look roll the dough in powdered sugar before baking. Yum!
- Store them: Strawberry cake mix cookies can be kept at room temperature in an airtight container or sealed plastic bag for up to 2 weeks.
- Freeze: Make these ahead of time and whip them out when you need them most. Freeze completely cooled cookies in a freezer safe plastic sealed bag. Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw on the counter and bring to room temperature.
Recipes With 5 or Less Ingredients
We have all been there, we are swamped with life and you need a dinner, dessert or something fast! But you also need something that you have everything for already sitting in your pantry. Life gets busy and we all need those go to recipes that not only are fast and easy but taste amazing. These will definitely do the trick! Put these into your recipe collection for those times when you’ll need it most and be prepared to save the day!
- 5 Ingredient Graham Cracker Toffee
- Jiffy Corn Casserole (5 ingredients)
- Peanut Butter Pinwheel Candy
- The Best Raspberry Baked Brie
- Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Breast
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15 ounce box Strawberry Cake Mix
optional mix ins:
- 1 cup m&ms
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- or 1 cup melted white chocolate and sprinkles
- If using the melted white chocolate, dip each half of the cookie and top with sprinkles.