Sticky Buns are the most gooey, caramel infused, morsels of breakfast yumminess EVER! Super simple and quick to throw together these are going to become a go to for your holiday breakfasts.
Amazing Sticky Buns
I look forward to Christmas every year just for these these Sticky Buns. They have been a family tradition ever since I can remember. My mother in law introduced me to them and then I instantly was hooked! You really can’t stop eating them!
This is a recipe everyone must have! I can’t even describe how good the glaze is over these. An ooey gooey caramel like finger licking good glaze! How is that for a description? The best part about these Sticky Buns is that you can take them out and put them together in about 5 minutes the night before! Then you put them in the oven while opening presents. Then you have warm gooey gooey rolls that fill the house with the most amazing smell.
TRUST me on this one! You have got to make them! They will become a family favorite at your house too!
What’s In A Name?
These tasty little vittles are known by many names; Butterscotch Rolls, Overnight Caramel Rolls, Butterscotch Bubble Bread, Overnight Sweet Rolls, Butterscotch Pull Aparts, and Monkey Bread. Whatever the name the recipe is generally the same and the tasty is always amazing. I don’t think there is a wrong way to name them, but I do highly recommend that you make them and eat them!
Easy Sticky Bun Ingredients
Just six ingredients in these fabulous buns! No one can resist these delicate rolls covered in a sticky sweet nutty sauce, they are so amazing. You and your loved ones are going to love them.
- Chopped Pecans: These are optional, but I love the crunch they add.
- Frozen Rolls: I used Rhodes Rolls, but if you have a favorite brand of frozen rolls, they’ll work just fine.
- Cook and Serve Butterscotch pudding: This has to be Cook and Serve Pudding, NOT INSTANT 3.5 oz box, small.
- Cinnamon: Adds a bit of spice.
- Brown Sugar: Together with the butter and pudding creates a magical sauce.
- Butter: Unsalted or salted works.
Making Homemade Sticky Bun Magic
They are super easy and quick to throw together too! Using frozen dough is the big secret. This makes it so effortless. You are going to love everything about these.
- Place: In a well greased bundt pan place the chopped nuts, if using. Then evenly distribute 20 frozen rolls.
- Sprinkle: Pour the pudding mix powder over the rolls. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Melt: In a microwave bowl melt the butter and mix in the brown sugar. Drizzle over the rolls.
- Cover: Cover and let raise in a cool place overnight.
- Bake: In the morning bake at 350 degrees for 25 min. Let cool in the pan for 5 min then turn out onto a plate or platter and serve.
Tips and Variations
- Nuts: Using pecans is optional, but if you like crunch use them, you can substitute walnuts for the pecans too.
- Browning vs Burning: These need the full 25 min to make sure all the rolls get done. You do not want undone rolls. Place a sheet of aluminum foil over the top after the first 10 min of cooking. This will prevent the tops from burning but allow the bottom to cook long enough.
- Dripping: If you’re worried about caramel dripping over the sides, place the bundt pan on a cookie sheet to cook.
- Pan: This recipe can be made in a 9×13 pan if you don’t have a bundt pan. Grease a 9×13 and place the nuts. Place the rolls in single file on top. Pour the pudding, cinnamon and the butter mixture on top and raise. Cook at 350 for 25 min.
- Storing: These will keep covered tightly at room temperature for up to 3 days. Rewarm in the microwave, I do not recommend freezing.
More Scrumptious Overnight Breakfasts
It’s always nice to wake up knowing an amazing breakfast is waiting for you!
The most amazing gooey gooey sticky buns that you take out the night before and are ready for an amazing breakfast!
Keyword sticky bun recipes, sticky buns
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 10 Buns
Author Alyssa Rivers
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans optional
- 20 frozen Rhodes Rolls
- 1 3.5 ounce package Regular Butterscotch pudding has to be cook and serve (Not Instant)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
Updated on November 15, 2020
Originally Posted on July 4, 2012
Calories: 470kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 669mg | Potassium: 15mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 284IU | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 21mg