Southwest Chickpea Salad is a delicious and fresh chick pea salad filled?so many delicious flavors and textures! This salad is fresh and healthy and easy to make!
Party in your mouth with so many fresh and full of life flavors! Needing some healthy salads to finish you off this summer?! Try this Pasta Cobb Salad, Blackened Chicken Avocado Power Bowls or Berry Quinoa and Kale Salad.
Southwest Chickpea Salad
Oh man. Life lately. Just when you think that life is going to slow down a big change happens to make your life busy again. We are getting ready to close on a new house in a couple of weeks and will start the moving process. Again.
We move so much that I should just leave everything in boxes. But this time it is kind of exciting because we will finally own a home.
My husband has been finishing school and we have just been renting and moving from place to place. So it is exciting and nerve wracking to become first time home owners.
On top of getting ready to move we are surviving the last month of school. I don?t know about you guys but the last month of school is hard! It is funny how I would wake up with my boys every day and pack them a lunch and walk them to school. Now my son wakes himself up to an alarm and gets him and his brother ready. I am ready for summer!
How to make Southwest Chickpea Salad
- Combine. In a large bowl mix together black beans, chickpeas, corn, tomatoes, avocado, and olives.
- Whisk. In a small bowl blend your?lime juice, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, salt and cilantro until creamy.
- Add. Combine all ingredients?to the salad and toss ingredients until combined, Garnish with feta cheese if you would like a little extra softness.
When life gets so busy I love making easy, fresh and delicious recipes. I am seriously in love with chick peas lately and this salad is full of so many delicious ingredients. Black beans, tomatoes, corn, olives, avocado and cilantro. It is fresh, easy and full of flavor!
You guys are going to love all of the flavors and spices in this Southwest Chickpea Salad! You are going to love how fresh and healthy it is and it is perfect for upcoming potlucks and picnics. It is vibrant and full of color and flavor and I know that it will be a hit wherever it goes.
Can you make this ahead of time?
Yes! I love to make this salad ahead of time and meal prep it for the week. It is light and tasty and so simple to make.
How long does chickpea salad last?
This salad is great stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for about 5 days. Perfect for meal prepping or just enjoying with friends for lunch! I love all the garden fresh flavors along with these chickpeas!
Who loves fresh salad?! Here are more to try!
Southwest Chickpea Salad
- 15 ounce can black beans rinsed & drained
- 15 ounce can chickpeas rinsed & drained
- 15 ounce can corn
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes chopped in half
- 2 medium avocado diced
- 1 small can of diced olives
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- ? tsp chili powder
- ? tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese for garnish optional
- In a large bowl combine black beans, chickpeas, corn, tomatoes, avocado, and olives.
- In a small bowl whisk the lime juice, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, salt and cilantro.
- Add to the salad and toss ingredients until combined, Garnish with feta cheese.