This Shrimp Spring Rolls recipe is a great way to eat fresh and healthy. These spring rolls are crunchy, tasty and go really well with a peanut dipping sauce.
Shrimp Spring Rolls
Vietnamese Shrimp spring rolls are that good looking kind of appetizer that everyone will reach out for. Even the ones who are die hard cheese and junk food fans. They look pretty, have a definite crunch from all the veggies and taste really fresh and amazing!
They are usually vegetables and protein wrapped in rice paper and are served with a dipping sauce.
What are Vietnamese rolls made of?
These shrimp spring rolls are covered in rice paper and are filled with:
You can add any filling you like. I love adding avocados, poached chicken, rice noodles, bell peppers, mangoes and if I?m in the mood, strawberries for a dessert spring roll recipe.
Wrapping Shrimp Spring Rolls:
Wrapping spring rolls is fairly easy, and once you wrap a few you can go pretty fast. The rice paper is first dipped in water for 10 seconds and then laid out on a chopping board. Let it rest for 3-5 seconds and then place the filling towards the bottom. And then wrap it like a burrito. Here?s a handy tutorial to help you wrap these.
I love serving these shrimp spring rolls with a peanut dipping sauce. You can also use a different sauce if you are allergic to peanuts.
Peanut Dipping Sauce:
The peanut dipping sauce for these spring rolls is really easy to make. Just combine peanut spread with soy sauce, rice vinegar, fish sauce, sugar, ginger and garlic and some water over low heat and simmer till everything thickens. Let this cool for a few minutes and then you can serve this with the spring rolls. For me, this is almost the best part of eating fresh shrimp spring rolls. The sauce is just amazing and so addictive! I love double dipping these spring rolls.
More Delicious Shrimp Recipes:
Shrimp Spring Rolls
- 10 Rice Paper Roll Sheets
- 1 pound medium Shrimps shelled and deveined
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce leaves removed and cleaned
- 1 cup julienned Carrots
- 1 cup julienned Cucumber
- 1 cup fresh Mint Leaves
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add a teaspoon of salt to it, along with shrimp. Boil for 2-3 minutes and drain the shrimp. Once cool, slice each shrimp in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- Fill a shallow round dish with water. Take a rice paper sheet and submerge it completely in the water for 10 seconds. Then remove and place it flat on a chopping board or kitchen towel.
- Working quickly, place one lettuce leaf towards the bottom of the rice paper. Place a few julienned of cucumber, carrots and a few mint leaves on the lettuce.
- Now wrap the bottom edge of the rice paper over the filling (refer to the pictures above), and then place both sides over it (like a burrito). Roll it up once more and then place three pieces of sliced shrimp in the middle side by side. Continue rolling the rice paper over the shrimp till its tightly rolled.
- Repeat till all the rice paper and filling is used up. Serve fresh with a dipping sauce on the side.
This Shrimp Spring Rolls recipe is a great way to eat fresh and healthy. These spring rolls are crunchy, tasty and go really well with a peanut dipping sauce. If you are looking for more healthy appetizer recipes, try our 5 minute Avocado Toast, Keto Pizza, Avocado Shrimp Ceviche and Chili lime sweet potato wedges.?