This breakfast frittata is filled with chunks of sausage, slices of mushrooms and sweet tomatoes making this a breakfast everyone will love. So simple to make and full of so much flavor!
Frittatas are so fun to make and are filling for a nice breakfast or brunch meal. Followers have loved my ham and cheddar zucchini frittata that is just as filling and delicious to enjoy in the morning.
Sausage and Mushroom Frittata
Breakfast just got better with this sausage and mushroom frittata. There are so many variations to make a frittata and I have to say this has the perfect blend of savory and delicious with a filling comfort. It is one of our family favorite breakfasts or even enjoy for a later brunch. A frittata is so easy to make and tastes even better served warm. Add some fruit to the side and you have a complete meal.
Healthy and delicious sausage and mushroom frittata is one of the best breakfast choices to have. Cooking this in a skillet makes an easy meal plus less of a mess. In about 30 minutes you will have one delicious skillet frittata that looks and tastes amazing! Your family will be raving over this simple dish that is comforting at its best. This breakfast will be one that is made over and over again. It is simple and delicious for a busy morning!
What is a Frittata?
Frittata is known to be an Italian dish that is similar to an omelette or quiche. The frittata meaning is fried in Italian. It has an egg base with a variation of meats, cheese and vegetables. The variations and add ins are endless.
Sausage and Mushroom Frittata Ingredients:
- Sausage: Ground sausage is best and easiest to cook down.
- Mushrooms: Cut into slices and cook up in the skillet to make them nice and tasty in the frittata.
- Spinach: Add in green deliciousness that is filling and healthy.
- Cherry tomatoes: Slice them to your preference and taste the sweetness in the frittata.
- Green onions: Always a colorful favorite for a hint of flavor and texture.
- Eggs: Scramble the eggs the best that you can fluffing them up as much as possible.
- Heavy Cream: Mix with the eggs to make them thick, rich and creamy.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Shredded cheese is best and will melt evenly and quickly.
- Salt and Pepper: Just for taste!
How to Make a frittata:
- Cook the sausage: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium sized skillet add the ground sausage. Sauté and crumble until cooked throughout. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Add vegetables to skillet: Add the mushrooms and sauté for 1-2 minutes and then add the spinach until it starts to wilt. Add cherry tomatoes and green onions and add the sausage back to the mixture.
- Whisk egg mixture together: In a medium bowl combine eggs, heavy cream, cheese, salt and pepper. Pour on top of the sausage and vegetables.
- Bake in the oven: Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top is golden brown and egg mixture is set.
- Meat: Try adding your favorite ground meat. Beef or pork is best but chicken is always fun to throw in too.
- Cheese: Add in your favorite cheeses when you are making this dish. Try hot and spicy jalapeño jack cheese or something more mellow like Swiss or cheddar for a different flavoring.
- Vegetables: Broccoli, bell peppers or cabbage add color and some fun flavoring in your frittata.
- Seasonings: Add paprika, Italian seasoning or red peppers for a spicy combination or
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes:
- Egg Benedict with hollandaise Sauce
- Sausage Mushroom Breakfast Bake
- The Best Breakfast Casserole
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Denver Omelet Breakfast Muffins
Sausage and Mushroom Breakfast Frittata
- 4 ounce ground sausage
- 6 ounce mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 3 Tablespoons green onions sliced
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium sized skillet add the ground sausage. Sauté and crumble until cooked throughout. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for 1-2 minutes and then add the spinach until it starts to wilt. Add cherry tomatoes and green onions and add the sausage back to the mixture.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, heavy cream, cheese, salt and pepper. Pour on top of the sausage and vegetables. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top is golden brown and egg mixture is set.