No-Bake Key Lime Pie is a slice of tropical heaven. This has a sweet, crunchy crust filled with a refreshing, creamy and zesty lime filling perfect for the summer heat!
Easy No-Bake Key Lime Pie Recipe
This pie is absolutely heavenly. The sweet crunchy crust is the perfect beginning to this fabulous summer pie. It’s buttery and luscious, but not too sweet. You will love how it! The creamy, tangy, tart filling will make your mouth water. This key lime pie is refreshing and ideal for summer. With only a few ingredients you can whip it up in no time. It just needs time to chill.
Lime is such a great ingredient to work with. It adds freshness, and flavor that is unique and delicious. Try it in drinks, with chicken and especially fish for a flavor you will love. Having a no-bake dessert means less time for me in the kitchen and less heat. I do not have to worry about heating up the house for a dessert that is sure to impress. It is a no-fuss, easy and quick dessert perfect for all your occasions.
Ingredients For The Best Key Lime Pie
Simple ingredients make this key lime pie easy to make! Start with the crust and build onto it with this easy step by step recipe. All ingredient amounts are listed below in the recipe card.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs: Use a food processor to get fine crumbs.
- Sugar: Adds a bit of sweetness to the crust.
- Butter: Holds it all together and gives the crust a bit of a salty butter flavor. You will want to melt the butter first to bind it together.
Key Lime Filling
- Cream cheese softened: Take the cream cheese out of the fridge early to come to room temperature.
- Whipped cream: Not cool whip, but whipping cream.
- Sweetened condensed milk: Adds sweetness and helps the filling become creamy.
- Key lime juice: If you cannot find real key limes, you can buy real key lime juice usually at your local store.
- Zest from 2 limes: These limes do not have to be key limes.
- Heavy whipping cream: Again not whipped topping but the real stuff.
- Powdered sugar: Adds the sweetness.
- Lime zest optional: I highly recommend it.
How to Make Key Lime Pie No Bake
The hardest part of making this no bake pie is letting this set in the fridge. Be patient. It is so worth it!! Key lime pie is one of our family favorites and it is simple to make but does take time setting up in the refrigerator.
- The Crust: Mix together the graham crumbs, butter, and sugar. Press into a 9-inch pie pan and use the bottom of a flat glass or a flat measuring cup to evenly press along the bottom and use your fingers to press evenly along the sides. Set in the fridge until the filling is ready.
- Beat; Whip cream to stiff peaks and set aside.
- Combine: In another bowl, use the paddle attachment to beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and lime zest and mix using the whisk attachment.
- Gently: Fold in the whipped cream.
- Refrigerate: Pour into chilled crust and set in the fridge for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Topping with Cream: Whip cream and powdered sugar together until medium-stiff peaks form. You can use a piping bag and star tip to pipe a design on top, or just spread it across with a spatula. Add fresh lime zest, if desired.
- Dig In: Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Variations for The Easiest Key Lime Pie
Creamy and light, zippy and refreshing, this dessert is going to become a favorite at your house. Key lime pie is one of the best desserts to make and so easy to do!
- Graham Cracker Crust: Super simple and a great way to get the kids involved, the crust comes together in no time. But if you need to save even more time, using a store-bought graham cracker crust works just as well!
- Twist on the Crust: Want to add a bit of a twist try using Nilla wafers or animal cookies for your crust. Adds a little bit extra.
- Limes: I’ll be honest, I don’t often find actual key limes in my store. I use regular limes instead usually. I have also used bottled key lime juice with success. Whichever you prefer will all taste amazing!
- Zest: I highly recommend using the lime zest. It adds color and extra flavor you will thank me for later. If you do not have a zester, use the finest holes of a cheese grater.
- Whipped Topping: Using your own whipped topping ensures you get the consistency you desire with the creaminess you crave. Be sure to whip it till the stiff peaks form or it will go soft quicker. If you need to use whipped topping in hurry, it’ll work just fine.
- Creamy: Before adding the whipped topping, be sure to beat the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk, and other ingredients thoroughly. It should be super smooth.
How to Store Homemade Key Lime Pie
This fresh flavored key lime pie won’t last long, but leftovers are always bliss! No-bake makes it easier by placing the remaining slices of pie into the refrigerator. You can serve it cold and it will still have that zingy taste!
- Fridge: This pie needs to be kept cold. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Note the graham cracker crust will get soggy the longer it is stored. But the flavor will still pack a punch.
- Freeze: This is a great pie to freeze. It will keep for up to 3 months. This makes the key lime pie a perfect choice for a make-ahead dessert. Make it a few days or weeks in advance and freeze till needed. Thaw in the fridge overnight.
- Serve Partially Frozen: Serve the pie just when it’s almost all the way thawed, half-frozen half thawed. It makes a delicious summer treat that way, and beats the heat.
I love pie! I am not sure why it appeals to me so much. Maybe it’s the flakey or crunchy crusts, the diversity in fillings, whether sweet or savory. But pie is just so scrumptious. They are relatively easy to make and easy to serve. Pie is a staple at many holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas) and celebrations. Even if you feel like you cannot make the crust, there are several store-bought options to choose from, to make it easier on yourself. Savory or sweet, pie as a place at the table for just about any occasion. Here are some of my tried and true favorite pies to try next.
No Bake Key Lime Pie
- 1 ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tablespoon sugar
- 6 Tablespoon butter melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup key lime juice
- Zest from 2 limes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- Lime zest optional
- Mix together the graham crumbs, butter and sugar. Press into a 9 inch pie pan and use the bottom of a flat glass or a flat measuring cup to evenly press along the bottom and use your fingers to press evenly along the sides. Set in the fridge until the filling is ready.
- Whip cream to stiff peaks and set aside.
- In another bowl, use the paddle attachment to beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and lime zest and mix using the whisk attachment.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour into chilled crust and set in fridge for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Whip cream and powdered sugar together until medium stiff peaks form. You can use a piping bag and star tip to pipe a design on top, or just spread it across with a spatula. Add fresh lime zest, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!