Literally the BEST Chicken Noodle Soup has thick chicken chunks, sliced carrots?and celery, wide noodles soaking in a smooth chicken broth filled with flavorful seasonings and cooked to perfection. A warm and comforting soup this winter!
Chicken Noodle Soup
This is literally the BEST chicken noodle soup recipe EVER!
The flavoring is AMAZING and the ingredients are simple.
Colder days are ahead of us and you know a good chicken noodle soup is going to be needed to get you through.
Chunks of chicken, thick slices of vegetables and all the flavor you can imagine with simple and easy ingredients.
This chicken noodle soup recipe is the BEST of the BEST!
Sick days, comforting days and just because days are just what this chicken noodle soup recipe is for.
Warm up with a bowl full and feel the love and comfort in every bite!
You are going to want to double this recipe to have more often then not this winter season.
What you need to make chicken noodle soup
This chicken noodle soup is just what you are needing this winter season.
Loads of flavor, easy to make and simple ingredients!
Who doesn?t love a good chicken noodle soup recipe?!
This is a tried and true soup that will carry on a great tradition and will never let you down.
It is not lacking any flavor and still has simple ingredients that are right in your pantry.
This chicken noodle soup is made with pure love and will comfort your soul, it is that good!
Everything is so simple to throw together and perfect for that left over chicken.
Simply add in a rotisserie chicken, shredded apart or any left over chicken that you may have from leftovers.
It is that easy and so good!
- Olive oil: great for saut?ing your vegetables and making sure they don?t stick.
- Carrots: sliced up as thick as you prefer.
- Celery: diced up as thick as you like.
- Onion: sliced and diced into cubes.
- Garlic: added flavoring.
- Thyme: seasoning for taste and flavor.
- Salt and pepper: just a pinch!
- Chicken broth: adds a great flavorful base.
- Egg noodles: thick and soaks up the broth when eating.
- Chicken: leftover,?cooked and shredded prior to making this recipe.
- Parsley: flavorful seasoning.
How do you make chicken noodle soup
Chicken noodle soup comes together quickly and effortlessly with these few steps.
Simply saut? your vegetables, add in broth and noodles then simmer with your leftover chicken- it is that simple!
You will have a quick and easy dinner within 20 minutes. It is quick, easy and comforting.
Add some crackers, a side of bread or simply eat it plain and enjoy the warmth from your chicken noodle soup.
It is the BEST of the BEST!
- Saut??vegetables and seasonings:?In a large pot over medium high heat, add the olive oil, carrots, celery, and onion. Saut? until tender 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic, fresh thyme, and salt and pepper and saut? for 1 minute more.
- Add broth?and noodles: Pour in the chicken broth and egg noodles and bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce to a simmer and let the noodles cook until al dente for about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer until ready to serve:?Add in the chicken, and fresh parsley right before serving and continue to simmer until the chicken is heated throughout. Salt and pepper additionally to taste.
Variations of chicken noodle soup
I love my chicken noodle soup simple and complete with just a few ingredients and all the flavoring.
Here are more adventurous ways of making chicken noodle soup recipe.
Substitute or add in to make this chicken noodle soup recipe your own.
- Oil: instead of oil you can use butter to saut? the vegetables.
- Vegetables: spinach, green beans, peas, zucchini, canned tomatoes, corn or even potatoes are some things to try.
- Seasoning:?try adding or substituting any herbs to fresh or dry.
- Meat: leftover meat is always best and trying?turkey, variations of chicken or shredded ham are always great.
- Broth: switch out your chicken broth for turkey broth or bone broth for different variations.
- Noodles: tortellini, bowtie pasta, small shell pasta or even spaghetti noodles are great to have if you don?t have egg noodles on hand.
Tips for chicken noodle soup
This chicken noodle soup recipe is simple and easy to make.
You will have your family and friends asking for more.
It is one of the BEST chicken noodle soup recipes out there.
And the what is even better is how quick and easy it all comes together and tastes AMAZING!
With these simple to use tips you will have one amazing chicken noodle soup!
- To plan ahead, cut up your vegetables the night before or morning of before cooking. That way it just takes minutes to put everything in the pot.
- Avoid your vegetables from getting soft and mushy by cutting them larger if you plan to simmer or use a slow cooker.
- Use a slow cooker for cooking your chicken noodle soup. Follow the recipe just leave out your noodles until ready to serve.
- To thicken you soup, add a starch like flour or cornstarch. In a bowl add about one tablespoon mixed with water then continue to add more depending on the thickness and consistency you are looking for.
- If you plan to thicken your soup don?t add the flour or cornstarch directly into the soup. It will clump up and be not work.
- As your noodles sit in the broth it will continue to absorb the broth and you will need to add more when warming up again.
Storing chicken noodle soup
I love to double my chicken noodle soup recipe to have for now and then storing in the freezer.
It makes it perfect to warm up on the cold winter days or when I know someone is not feeling well.
There is something about a warm, comforting chicken noodle soup in a bowl.
This winter you will not want to skip out on the BEST, tried and true, chicken noodle soup recipe.
It will be the one soup everyone is raving about this winter season!
- Storing chicken noodle soup: follow the recipe and let cool completely. Once your chicken noodle soup is cooled, place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. When reheating you may need to add in more broth.
- Can you make chicken noodle soup ahead of time? Yes! I love this recipe for that. Simply make and cook your chicken noodle soup. I like to leave out the noodles if I know I am making ahead of time. I even chop my vegetables thicken so they won?t be mushy or too soft while cooking for a longer period of time. This is a great way to make it in a slow cooker too.
- Can you freeze?chicken noodle soup? Yes, this chicken noodle soup will freeze well. Follow the directions making the chicken noodle soup except skip adding in the noodles. Allow the chicken noodle soup to cool completely. Place in a ziplock bag and lay flat in the freezer. When ready to warm up, thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Then reheat on the stove or in the microwave and add in the noodles at this time. This will last in the freezer for about one month.
More soup recipes
- Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli Soup
- Ham and Bean Soup
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Beef Barley Soup
- Creamy Chicken Broccoli Soup
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large carrots sliced
- 4 celery stalks sliced
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh thyme stems removed
- salt and pepper
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 12 ounce wide egg noodles
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley
- In a large pot over medium high heat, add the olive oil, carrots, celery, and onion. Saut? until tender 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic, fresh thyme, and salt and pepper and saut? for 1 minute more.
- Pour in the chicken broth and egg noodles and bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce to a simmer and let the noodles cook until al dente for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the chicken, and fresh parsley right before serving and continue to simmer until the chicken is heated throughout. Salt and pepper additionally to taste.