Creamy and custard-like with a thick filling, The Best Quiche starts with the most basic recipe and has endless options for adding meat, vegetables, and herbs. This delicious recipe is a staple and perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
The Best Quiche
With a creamy custard-like filling filled with the most delicious ingredient combinations quiche has always been one of my favorite recipes to make. The flavor combinations are endless and this dish makes a perfect meal for any time of day. This is Aimee from my site Aimee Mars and personally, I love making one of these quiches for lunch and dividing it up in meal prep containers for the week.
How to Make Quiche?
- Prepare Pie Crust ? you can use a store-bought pie crust or you can prepare your own using this Creamy and custard-like with a thick filling, The Best Quiche starts with the most basic recipe and has endless options for adding meat, vegetables, and herbs. This delicious recipe is a staple and perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. recipe.
- Prepare Additional Ingredients ? if you?re using meat make sure to brown it in a skillet using oil or if using vegetables saute them in oil before mixing into the filling.
- Whisk Egg Mixture ? in a large bowl combine the eggs, cream, milk, and any additional seasonings or herbs.
- Bake ? pour the egg mixture into the pie crust and bake for about 45 to 55 minutes or until the center is set.
Quiche Recipe Ingredients
- Pie Crust: Use a homemade pie crust to achieve a homemade quiche full of flavor, however, a store-bought version will work too.
- Eggs: The eggs are the base of the recipe that holds it all together and adds to the custard-like taste.
- Heavy Cream: The heavy cream creates a thick filling that adds creaminess to the dish and balances the milk out.
- Milk: To create and quiche that is slightly dense, but still fluffy use some heavy cream and some milk. I prefer using whole milk versus a lighter skim version.
- Herbs and Seasoning: The most basic quiche can have only salt and pepper if you desire, however, adding fresh herbs and spices will elevate the flavor and make it richer in taste.
What to Add-in:
- Cheese: cheddar, mozzarella, feta, gouda, or any kind of cheese blend makes for an extra creamy and cheesy quiche.
- Vegetables: diced onion, chopped peppers, zucchini, spinach, mushrooms, asparagus, leeks, are all great add-ins. Make sure to saute the vegetables in oil first before stirring into the filling mixture.
- Meat: crumbled bacon, diced ham, ground sausage are all delicious options. Cook them first before adding them into the filling.
You can get creative with your ingredient combinations from making a vegetable quiche, to a meat-lovers version. Below are some popular options
- Mushroom, Onion, Swiss Cheese and Mozzarella
- Ham, Cheddar Cheese, and Chives
- Red Bell Pepper, Onion, Mozzarella Cheese, and Broccoli
Can the Crust Be Store-Bought?
Yes. You can easily use a store-bought crust for your quiche however, homemade is always best and this Perfect Pie Crust is easy to make.
How to Make it Crustless
To make a crustless quiche you can easily slice some potatoes very thin to line the bottom of your pie dish or you can just pour your ingredients into a well-greased dish.
What to Serve with Quiche
The Best Quiche
- 1 Pie Crust homemade or store-bought
- 6 large Eggs
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1? teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350?.
- Prepare your pie crust according to recipe directions or line a pie dish with a store-bought pie crust.
- Whisk the eggs, heavy cream, milk, salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
- (If adding any meats or vegetables make sure to brown or saute them in a skillet before adding them to the egg mixture).
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust and bake for 45 to 55 minutes until the center is set. If the crust edges begin to brown use a pie shield or foil wrapped around the edge. Let the quiche sit for 15 minutes before slicing.