Everyone loves Bacon, and once you try baking it, you’ll love it even more! It’s just perfectly crisp, amazing flavor, and easy clean up. You will have bacon every morning!
Oven Baked Bacon
Crispy savory perfectly cooked bacon is everyone’s favorite and this will become your favorite way to cook it. It’s so easy, it may take a little more time but you won’t mind after you see the results. The bacon will be straight, it won’t curl, perfect for sandwiches. In the oven it also cooks evenly with no white fatty pieces on one end and burnt on the other.
Another reason you’ll love this perfectly baked bacon is that it’s completely hands off. You don’t have to babysit it, you don’t even have to flip it! How easy is that? And because you bake it in the oven, you can cook large batches at once. And it’s all done at the same time.
What You Need to Bake Bacon:
- Bacon: 16 oz package will fill your sheet pan
- Rimmed Baking Sheet: The rimmed baking sheet will keep the grease from dripping.
- Aluminum foil: Use non stick aluminum foil.
- Cooling Rack: This is essential for letting the bacon’s grease drip.
How to Bake the Perfect Bacon (Step By Step!):
There will be no more splattering of grease all over the stove and yourself. You won’t have half burnt half under cooked slices. And no more stale bacon smell wafting through the house hours after breakfast.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Place the cooling rack in the baking sheet.
- Lay the bacon on the cooling rack careful not to overlap.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until desired crispness. Remove and set on a paper towel lined plate.
Tips for Baking The BEST Bacon:
It’s super easy but here are some tips to ensure it is truly the best.
- When is it done: Depending on the thickness and how you like your bacon will depend on how long you cook it for. If you have thicker cut, you’ll need to cook it longer. If you like it super crispy, also cook it longer. If you soft and chewy bacon or it’s a thinner cut, you’ll need less time. Every oven is different so I suggest keeping an eye on it till it’s just right for you.
- Remove: Take the bacon off of the rack or baking tray as soon as you take it out of the oven, it continues to cook as long as it’s in the pan.
- Flavor: You can add some kick to your bacon by adding black pepper, or brown sugar on top before baking. Super easy and flavorful.
Baked Bacon Storage Tips:
- Store. Leftover bacon will lose it’s crispness, but stores well in a refrigerator for up to 5 days. Microwave or recrisp your slices in the oven at 375.
- To Freeze: If you want to freeze your bacon, under cook it slightly, and freeze in ziploc freezer bags for up to 2 months. Then simply reheat what you need in the microwave for 15-30 seconds. It’s such an easy way to have bacon when you need it quickly.
Recipes to Use Bacon in:
- Bacon Guacamole
- Bacon Pear Gorgonzola Salad
- Creamy Bacon Carbonara
- Skinny Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Avocado Chicken Bacon Chopped Salad With Creamy Basil Dressing
How to Bake the Perfect Bacon (Step By Step!)
- 1 16 ounce package bacon
- rimmed baking sheet
- non-stick aluminum foil
- cooling rack*