Strawberry lemonade is the perfect summertime drink that is refreshing and delicious! With only a few ingredients, this homemade lemonade will be the hit! Fall in love with this delicious and flavorful drink this summer!
Strawberries are what I love! This frozen strawberry lemonade is just as good and gives another way of cooling down this summer. Fresh ingredients that is kid approved and loved by all!
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
I don’t know what it is about me and strawberries, but I am obsessed! I made a special trip to Costco just to get their amazing strawberries. I love buying strawberries when they are in season and perfectly ripe and juicy. I love using them in recipes, especially homemade jam. That is if they make it to the recipe! I ate one pound all by myself yesterday! They were just so good I kept eating them one by one. Needless to say I had to make another trip to get some more strawberries because we ended up making 3 batches of this amazing strawberry lemonade.
Let me just tell you how amazing this turned out. I had a little helper in the kitchen today. We cut the fresh strawberries and squeezed the lemons by hand into the blender. This recipe is the perfect amount of lemon and the perfect amount of strawberries. I sliced up some fresh strawberries and poured the drink into into a glass with ice on top. And oh yum… the froth on top of this made the drink incredible. We will be making this weekly at our house and it also makes such a fun summer drink!
Ingredients for Strawberry Lemonade:
I have always loved strawberry lemonade and I order it wherever we go. Since I didn’t grow up on soda I have always preferred strawberry lemonade and it quenches your thirst so well especially on a hot summer day!
- Strawberries: Fresh strawberries are best and taste juicy and delicious.
- Lemons: Juice of 2 Large lemons
- Agave Nectar: This gives it a little thickness and some sweet flavoring to go with the tart lemonade.
- Cold Water: Nice and refreshing on a hot summer day!
- Extra Strawberries: Garnish with more strawberries to look beautiful in your pitcher and cups.
How do you Make Strawberry Lemonade from Scratch?
This is a simple recipe that comes together quickly. Double or even triple the recipe (depending on your blender size) for a delicious drink throughout each day.
- Blend on high: In a blender, combine 1 ½ cup strawberries, juice of 2 lemons, and agave nectar. Blend on high until smooth about 2 minutes.
- Whisk together: Pour into a pitcher and whisk together with the cold water. Refrigerate until chilled about an hour.
- Serve and enjoy! Serve with ice and garnish with strawberry.
The Recipe Critic Pro Tip:
Another sweet thing about making a homemade lemonade, is that you can use any kind of fruit to substitute for the strawberry!
Can You Use Frozen Strawberries for this Lemonade?
Yes! Frozen strawberries will work great and gives it that strawberry flavoring. Just know the texture and consistency may be a little different. Fresh strawberries are best for this recipe if possible to use. When using frozen strawberries be sure to thaw them prior to adding them to the blender. Since frozen strawberries are not as sweet as fresh strawberries, I recommend adding a little bit of sugar into the mix or more agave nectar.
Variations When Making Homemade Lemonade:
I am always up for different mixtures of lemonade but strawberry lemonade is my go-to. I can’t get enough of the rich, sweet and a hint of tart flavoring it has to offer. Make different varieties of lemonade or even switching the ingredients around with what is best for you. Enjoy all summertime long with this homemade lemonade made from scratch!
- Fruit: Mix and match fruit! Add in more fruit or substitute fruit with watermelon, kiwi, more berries or even pineapple!
- Lemons: If you love more tart squeeze another lemon into the mix. Lemon juice will also work if you don’t have fresh lemons.
- Syrup: Substitute honey, sugar or a sweet syrup to thicken and add sweetness to the lemonade.
- Water: Sounds crazy but even switching out the cold water for hot water can give you a different feel for this homemade lemonade. Almost like a warm drink to settle you down at night and warm you up.
Can you Freeze Fresh Lemonade?
Totally! Simply mix together the fresh strawberries, lemon juice and agave nectar together. Leave out the water and extra strawberries until you are ready to thaw. Pour into a ziplock bag and lay flat in a freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to make homemade lemonade, let it thaw over night in the refrigerator and add to a pitcher. Add the water amount and stir together. Enjoy all summer long!
How Long Does Homemade Lemonade Last?
Homemade lemonade will keep in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days long. Lemonade will not go bad. Store the lemonade in a pitcher with a lid or jars in the refrigerator to keep it from spilling.
More Homemade Drinks to Enjoy:
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 1/4 cup Agave Nectar
- 2 1/2 cups cold water
- extra strawberries for garnish
Originally Posted On: May 30, 2013