Fluffy pancakes make waking up in the morning even better. Drizzle warm syrup over top thick, fluffy pancakes that will melt in your mouth with every bite!
Some of the best tried and true recipes come from my Grandma. Her Homemade Bread is one of the best out there and her pancake recipe can’t be beat! I promise this will be the only recipe that you use. The pancakes are so fluffy and perfect every single time!
Grandma’s Perfect Fluffy Pancakes
My grandma knew it all. She was a pro in the kitchen with all the homemade recipes she perfected. Everything is homemade and made from scratch. Always made out of love for that extra touch! She always had a welcoming home and food was a priority for her. These fluffy pancakes were a staple of hers and they always turned out perfect every time we had them. With these simple ingredients plus a little love, you will have thick, fluffy pancakes every time too.
Breakfast is always a favorite in our home. We love to make bacon, eggs and waffles any chance we get. Our kids love to have breakfast together on the weekends since we are all home together then. With this new life style and enjoying quarantine together I knew we needed a breakfast change. Fluffy pancakes were a hit! Huge hit! I doubled the recipe then made one more batch after that just to keep up with my 4 kids and hubby. These pancakes are quick and easy to make with pantry ingredients. Fall in love with pancakes all over again with my grandma’s perfect fluffy pancakes!
Homemade Pancakes Ingredients:
These ingredients are quick and some that you already have on hand that are pantry staples. Whisk together wet ingredients, dry ingredients then combine. It is that easy to make and tastes SO good every time!
- Wet Ingredients: Egg, oil and milk
- Dry Ingredients: Flour, salt, sugar and baking powder
- Toppings: Maple syrup, fruit and butter, all optional.
Let’s Start Flipping:
Simple ingredients makes for a simple pancake recipe that is out of this world good. This tried and true pancake recipe will impress all of your family and pancakes will become a simple breakfast meal daily.
- Whisk together wet ingredients: In a medium sized bowl whisk together egg, oil and milk.
- Mix together dry ingredients: In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Combine: Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine.
- Preheat Skillet: Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook Pancakes: Spray with cooking spray and drop about 1/3 cup of the batter onto the warm skillet. Once it forms bubbles then flip to the other side and cook until golden brown.
The Recipe Critic Pro Tip:
Try not to over mix the dry and wet ingredients together to keep them fluffy.
Mix and match toppings, enjoy your stack of pancakes plain or all it all together. So many options and flavors to create one of a kind delicious pancakes.
- Nuts: Walnuts or pecans are a delicious sweet and salty treat on pancakes.
- Fruit: Fresh fruit is bright and colorful plus add in a sweet and juicy taste.
- Syrups: Maple syrup is most common but flavored syrup for more of variety is delicious too!
- Jams: Spread a fruity jam like peach or blackberry over top each pancake for a thicker topping.
- Spreads: Peanut butter, Nutella or any nut butter will melt over top the pancakes giving you a sweet and salty taste.
- Chocolate: Sprinkle chocolate chips or add them into the batter while mixing.
- Whipping Cream: Top with a dollop of whipping cream and add some sprinkles for a fun breakfast celebration.
Tips for Making Fluffy Pancakes:
These pancakes will become a staple in your home! They are easy to make with simple ingredients right out of your pantry as well as thick and fluffy. Delicious pancakes every time!
- Size of pancake: I used 1/3 cup of mix to pour onto the skillet. This made about 10 pancakes. You are welcome to make the pancakes smaller or bigger depending on your preference.
- Doubling recipe: My grandma’s fluffy pancakes recipe can be doubled with all the same ingredients. If it is too thick add a 1/8 of a teaspoon water.
- Keeping pancakes warm: If you are doubling the recipe or need to keep them warm while cooking, place the pancakes on a baking sheet in a single layer and keep warm in the oven at 200 degrees Fahrenheit until ready to serve.
- Cooking spray substitute: If you don’t have cooking spray, butter also works for greasing the skillet or griddle. Scooping butter out of the carton is one of spreading it and letting it melt or using a stick of butter, directly apply the butter to the skillet or griddle and melt over top.
- Cleaning skillet or griddle: In-between cooking pancakes try to wipe off the excess cooking spray or butter for the next batch of mix to be cooked. This will leave the pancakes a golden brown each time.
- Making pancakes ahead of time: Cook the pancakes according to the directions. Let them cool completely then wrap them individually or in stacks using plastic wrap. Place inside a ziplock bag or airtight container. Store in the refrigerator up to 5 days or freeze for 1 month. When ready to warm up, place in the microwave, skillet or oven until they are warmed through.
What Pancake will you Make Next?
- The Best Buttermilk Pancake
- Banana Pancakes
- Delicious Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes
- German Oven Pancake
Grandma’s Homemade Pancakes
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons oil I used canola oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder