These eggnog pancakes are a MUST TRY this holiday season! They are soft and sweet and will melt right in your mouth. The hint of eggnog will have everyone coming back for more!
What Are Eggnog Pancakes?
If you are wondering what exactly eggnog pancakes are and what they taste like, then I am here to tell you! I mean pancakes are a staple in every home right? They are quick, easy and just about everyone loves them. So why not try some pancakes like this that have new and delicious flavors in them! (Like these Pumpkin Spice Pancakes or these Delicious Cinnamon Roll Pancakes). These eggnog pancakes are super fluffy and have the perfect texture. Then, instead of using milk to bind them all together, you use eggnog!
By using eggnog in the batter, you are bringing in that classic holiday flavor without it being too overwhelming. If you are the person who likes eggnog but has to add some sprite to it because it’s too rich on its own… Then these pancakes are for you! They are the perfect combination of having a delicious flavor but it’s not so overpowering that you can only take a bite or two. In fact, I bet that you love these so much that you have a hard time stopping after just one! Try topping them with this Homemade Caramel Sauce to really take them to the next level!
Ingredients for Eggnog Pancakes
Grab yourself some eggnog at the store and these pancakes will be super simple and easy! In fact, you probably have everything else to make them already at home! See the recipe card below for a list of exact measurements.
- Egg: A large egg at room temperature will mix in the best!
- Oil: I used canola oil for this recipe, but you can use whatever you have on hand.
- Eggnog: You can use store bought eggnog or you can try making this eggnog recipe! It’s super delicious!
- Vanilla: The vanilla is used to add a tiny bit of flavor!
- Flour: All purpose flour is what I used in this recipe.
- Salt: This will enhance the flavors of all of the other ingredients!
- Sugar: You don’t need too much to sweeten these pancakes up.
- Baking powder: This helps your pancakes to rise and become soft and fluffy!
- Cinnamon: I like to add a little bit of cinnamon in to give it a bit more flavor.
Let’s Make Some Pancakes!
These eggnog pancakes will only take a few minutes to whip up and soon you will be enjoying such a yummy holiday meal! Trust me, you don’t want to miss out on these!
- Whisk and combine: In a medium sized bowl whisk together egg, oil, eggnog and vanilla. In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon. Then, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine.
- Cook and flip: Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Then, spray it with cooking spray and drop about ⅓ cup of the batter onto the warm skillet. Once it forms bubbles then flip to the other side and cook until golden brown.
Cooking pancakes is super easy, anyone can do it! Here are a few tips that will make these eggnog pancakes turn out just perfectly!
- Make sure that your baking powder is fresh! If your baking powder is old then you will end up with flat pancakes. If you want soft and fluffy pancakes then you should definitely check the expiration date just in case!
- Don’t overmix: When you over mix or set your mixer to mix on high then you add more air to your batter and makes it sticky and rubbery. So just use a whisk to mix everything up!
- Room temperature ingredients: I know that this can take a bit of thought beforehand but it really helps! Make sure to take all of your refrigerated ingredients out and put them on the counter before you plan on baking. Bringing your ingredients to room temperature really helps them mix nicely together and makes the batter really smooth!
How to Store Leftovers
If you have a few of these eggnog pancakes leftover there are a couple of ways that you can store them!
- Refrigerate: Once the pancakes have cooled then put them in an airtight container and place it in your fridge! They will last 3-4 days.
- Freezer: If you want to make an extra batch to save for later then you can! Once your cooked pancakes have cooled then put them all on a baking sheet so that they aren’t touching. Then, put them in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until they are frozen. Take them out and place them in a ziplock bag (that’s labeled with the date!) and seal it up tight. They will last up to 2 months!
- Reheat: Place your frozen pancake in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until heated through. Enjoy!
Pancakes are the best. You can have them for breakfast or dinner and there are SO many different kinds to try! I’ve gathered up a few of my favorites. There are classic buttermilk ones and ones that have a little bit of extra uniqueness like these eggnog ones! Try one or try them all, I’m sure that you will find something that you love!
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons oil I used canola oil
- 1 1/4 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together egg, oil, eggnog, and vanilla. In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine.