This cauliflower broccoli salad is filled with fresh florets and crunchy red onions, tender bacon pieces and chunks of cheese making this a perfect combination for any side salad. Perfect for side salad with the MOST delicious flavors blended together!
Cauliflower Broccoli Salad
You are going to fall in love with this irresistible salad that is full of flavor and color. Crunchy, creamy and oh. SO. good! Cauliflower broccoli salad is delicious and flavorful. It is the perfect combination of savory and sweet plus crunchy and creamy. I love making this cauliflower broccoli salad for BBQs, potlucks and even holidays. The blend of all the ingredients come together so quickly and easily in one bowl. It is that simple!
Family and friends will be loving this cauliflower broccoli salad once they dish it on their plates. It is one of a kind and tasty! It is simple to make and comes together effortlessly. Simply chop the salad ingredients, add the bacon, cheese, almonds and sunflower seeds. Easy and a tried and true favorite in our home. Try this delicious cauliflower broccoli salad for your next get together!
Cauliflower Broccoli Salad Ingredients:
This easy cauliflower broccoli salad is basic and so simple but full of SO much flavor. The blend of all the ingredients together give this salad a WOW factor when serving. My family always requests this salad whenever we have a family gathering. It is one of the easiest salad and everyone love it which is just a bonus!
- Broccoli: Cut up the broccoli into bite sized bites or purchase a bag of florets already precut.
- Cauliflower: Simply pull a cauliflower apart of chop it up similar to the broccoli florets in size.
- Red Onion: A small red onion works well to give it flavor and a bit of crunch.
- Bacon: This bacon ingredient can either be store bought already made, left over bacon or microwaveable bacon that is tender and chopped.
- Colby Jack Cheese: Shredded cheese from a block of cheese or already pre-shredded in a bag.
- Almonds: Silvered almonds are best and this ingredient is simple by just dumpling it in the bowl!
- Sunflower Seeds: Sweeten the salad with sunflower seeds.
- Lite Mayonnaise: Creamy dressing is made with this mayonnaise.
- Low Fat Greek Yogurt: Add in flavor with this greek yogurt but still keeping the calories light.
- Lemon Juice: Just a splash of lemon freshly squeezed or from a bottle for tangy sweetness.
- Sugar: Sweeten the dressing with some sugar.
- Salt and Pepper: Just a pinch for seasoning.
How to Make Cauliflower Broccoli Salad:
Simple ingredients and easy to make! The perfect combination of side salad. It is colorful and fun plus tastes delicious. Simply add all the chopped ingredients and bagged ingredients to a bowl and simply stir together. Then mix together the dressing in a separate bowl. Lastly, add the dressing to the cauliflower broccoli salad and see the creamy salad come to life. It is irresistible and delicious in every bite!
- Making the salad: In a large bowl add the broccoli, cauliflower, onion, bacon, cheese, almonds and sunflower seeds.
- Making the Dressing: In a small bowl whisk mayonnaise, Greek Yogurt, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over the salad and toss until coated.
Tips for the Best Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
- Cheese: The cheese can either be shredded or cubed in mini pieces if you prefer.
- Red onion: To help with the flavoring in the red onion, after it is chopped up, rinse the onion under cold water. This will help remove the harsh flavoring when eating.
- Add in: Craisins or peas for more tasty ingredients.
- Less calories: Omit the sugar and use less cheese and bacon. You will still have a delicious salad the healthier way!
- Making ahead: Make the dressing ahead of time and store separately in the refrigerator from the salad. Make the salad in a separate bowl and cover and store in the refrigerator also. When ready to serve combine the two bowls together.
More Great Salads to Try:
- Very Berry Cheesecake Salad
- Chilled Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Creamy Grape Salad
- Best Ever Ambrosia Salad
- Best Ever Creamy Pea Salad with Bacon
Cauliflower Broccoli Salad
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup Colby jack cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup lite mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup low fat greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl add the broccoli, cauliflower, onion, bacon, cheese, almonds and sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl whisk mayonnaise, Greek Yogurt, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over the salad and toss until coated.