Cranberry Salsa?is a mixture of fresh cranberries, sweet apples, green onion, cilantro and a bit of spice from a jalape?o all blended together in a sweet apple cider vinegar then laid overtop of cream cheese. This makes for the best holiday appetizer!
This cranberry salsa is great for spreading over crackers. If you love holiday appetizers as much as I do for your next holiday party try this Awesome Bacon Wrapped Brussels sprouts, Cranberry Pecan Brie Bites (4 Ingredients) or Jalapeno Bacon Cheese Ball.
This cranberry salsa literally the BEST holiday appetizer!
Cranberry salsa recipe is so easy to make and is blended together in minutes.
You can?t go wrong with how great this cranberry salsa tastes.
Simply blend all the ingredients together leaving out the cream cheese.
Once it is blended, lay your cream cheese flat on a plate and add your cranberry salsa over top for dipping.
Your friends and family will be so impressed by the flavor this cranberry salsa recipe has to offer.
It is filled with fresh and flavorful ingredients in every bite.
Add some chips, sliced bread or crackers for dipping and make this one AMAZING holiday appetizer!
What you need to make cranberry salsa
Bring this cranberry salsa to your next holiday party.
It will be the highlight of the party!
Fresh cranberries blended together enhances this cranberry salsa to the next level.
Diced up granny smith apples bring in a sweetness blend as well as a great texture of crunch.
Green onions, cilantro and jalape?os add green coloring as well as a bit of spicy flavoring.
Apple cider vinegar and lime juice blend together with the sugar making this a sweet and savory holiday appetizer that is known to be the BEST!
All blended together creates a beautiful red and green holiday coloring to add that adds to any holiday party!
See how simple this cranberry salsa is to make this holiday season!
- Fresh cranberries: perfect for this season. Fresh sweet and tart.
- Small Granny Smith apple: cut in fourths for texture and sweetness.?
- Green onions: cut into sections.
- Cilantro:?chopped and added for great flavoring.
- Jalapeno: diced for?a little bit of spice.
- Sugar: added sweetness.
- Apple cider vinegar: some juice to help with texture and flavoring.
- Juice of one lime: a little citrus to cool down the jalape?o.
- Cream cheese: this will be in a brick with?the salsa added over top of the cream cheese.
How to make cranberry salsa
Only have a few minutes for a last minute cranberry salsa recipe?!
Simply add all the ingredients in to a food processor or blender and blend until ingredients are coarsely chopped together.
This cranberry salsa recipe comes together quickly and easily.
Impress your friends and family with this AMAZING cranberry salsa appetizer.
So much flavoring in this cranberry salsa it is a party in your mouth!
Bring on the crackers, chips or even a baguette bread to spray this cranberry salsa over top and enjoy!
Your red and green cranberry salsa is going to be a hit at your next holiday party.
- Blend together?ingredients:?In a food processor add the cranberries, apple, green onions, cilantro, jalape?o, sugar, apple cider vinegar, and juice of one lime. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Lay over top cream cheese:?Serve over softened cream cheese.
Tips for making cranberry salsa
I love how simple this cranberry salsa is to make.
It is easy and quick to blend together with no effort.
Make it on time to your next holiday party and impress your friends and family with this cranberry salsa recipe.
Be sure to take the recipe with you because you know everyone is going to be asking for it!
Cranberry salsa is a quick holiday appetizer that tastes so good and is full of flavor!
It all comes together creating a beautiful, colorful looking holiday appetizer that looks delicious and appealing at your holiday party.
This holiday season be sure to make this cranberry salsa with fresh ingredients and know that it will be gone in minutes with everyone raving about it.
Here are a few tips that will help make this cranberry salsa even better!
- Food processor: if you do not have a food processor a blender will work just as well to chop and blend all the ingredients together. Watch over your blender making sure you do not completely blend it all together. You will still want the cranberry salsa to be coarse, almost a chunky cranberry salsa.
- Cranberries: Fresh is best and not canned for this cranberry salsa recipe. Cranberries are a little tart but with the sugar and juices it all blends together nicely.
- Preparing cranberries: be sure to wash the cranberries and remove any cranberry that is squishy or too soft.
- Jalape?os:?cut the ends off the jalape?os then slice in half and remove the seeds from them. The seeds hold in most of the heat. Add as little to no seeds to the food processor or blender depending on how hot you like your cranberry salsa. Then finish chopping your jalape?o.
- Honey: if you would like another sweetener, add honey or substitute it for the sugar. This will give you a glaze look on your cranberry salsa and still have the sweet taste.
- Limes: fresh limes are great or using lime juice from a bottle will work well too.
What to serve with cranberry salsa
This cranberry salsa is great as it is with or even without the cream cheese blend.
Cranberry salsa is great for dipping and spreading over crackers, chips or baguette bread.
Sturdy and stronger crackers and chips are best. They won?t break as easily.
If you are using a softer cracker, spreading it on is best rather than dipping your crackers or chips into the cranberry salsa.
Chips, crackers, and pretzels make for a salty and sweet flavoring added to the cranberry salsa.
Together they make the perfect combination!
This cranberry salsa makes for the best holiday appetizer and is sure to please a crowd.
Enjoy this cranberry salsa recipe with these fun ways of spreading and dipping it into the salsa this holiday season.
- Crackers: ritz crackers are soft but they still have the salty texture and great for spreading. Wheat thins, Triscuits or a whole wheat cracker are great for a sweet and salty blend.
- Pretzels: the thick, flatter pretzels that are a little bigger in size are the best for dipping in this cranberry salsa.
- Chips: colored chips or a plain corn chip is delicious when dipping cranberry salsa.
- Baguette bread: great for spreading and more of a bruschetta taste and texture.
Storing cranberry salsa
Cranberry salsa is easy to make and comes together quickly in minutes.
Preparing this cranberry salsa is simple and easy.
If you need to make this cranberry salsa ahead of time it will last in the refrigerator with out adding it to the cream cheese.
Wait to serve it fresh if you can. This cranberry salsa is best made fresh.
With simple ingredients and with quick and easy instructions, this cranberry salsa comes together beautifully for your next holiday appetizer!
Here are some great ways to store your cranberry salsa.
- Can you make cranberry salsa recipe ahead of time? Yes! This cranberry salsa will last in the refrigerator for up to 7 days when sealed in an airtight container. When ready to serve, simply takes it out and add it over cream cheese and crackers.
- Can you freeze cranberry salsa? It is best fresh but if needed you can freeze this up to 1 month. When ready to serve, let thaw in the refrigerator. Before serving, drain all of the extra juices from the cranberry salsa leaving it with only the chunks rather than juicy.
More of the best holiday appetizers
- Jalapeno Poppers Recipe with Bacon
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Easy Strawberry Bruschetta
- Insanely Delicious Hot Crab Dip
Cranberry Salsa (The Best Holiday Appetizer!)
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 small Granny Smith apple cubed
- 1/4 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 jalape?o seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- juice of one lime
- 1 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- In a food processor add the cranberries, apple, green onions, cilantro, jalape?o, sugar, apple cider vinegar, and juice of one lime. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Serve over softened cream cheese.
Cranberry Salsa?is a mixture of fresh cranberries, sweet apples, green onion, cilantro and a bit of spice from a jalape?o all blended together in a sweet apple cider vinegar then laid overtop of cream cheese. This makes for the best holiday appetizer! This cranberry salsa is great for spreading over crackers. If you love holiday?