This corned beef sandwich is packed with so much flavor from the thick slices of corned beef layered with all the favorite toppings making this sandwich irresistible. Leftover corned beef for the WIN!
St. Patrick?s day is a fun holiday to enjoy corned beef on and other fun and festive ideas to feel lucky all year long. If you love celebrating St. Patrick?s Day try this traditional corned beef and cabbage recipe with a side of Irish soda bread for a delicious holiday meal.
Corned Beef Sandwich
One of the best leftover sandwich I have had, hands down! I just love the Irish flavors that this sandwich emulates. Fresh rye bread layered with left over cooked corned beef, Swiss cheese and coleslaw are the staple for this sandwich. It is so simple to layer it all together with all your favorite toppings then broiling it in the oven for just a couple of minutes melting it just enough to have a warm, dreamy sandwich, melting in your mouth. It is Oh. So. Good!
Having this sandwich after St. Patrick?s day is just another tradition we have in our family. I love traditions and keeping up with the holidays even if it is a small one. Kids love holidays and all things in between. Celebrating for them and making traditional food makes it even more fun. Wondering what to do with left over corned beef is always questionable but with this sandwich, you will be wanting to double your corned beef meal just to have more corned beef sandwiches the next day. It is that good. There is a blend and combination with this sandwich that is incredible and something you just have to try!
Corned Beef Sandwich Ingredients:
So many options and variations with this sandwich. It is simple to make and layer in all your favorite toppings. Then simply broil it in the oven for a couple minutes to get that crisp crust with a warm, melted cheese that just melts so heavenly in your mouth. This is a MUST try kind of sandwich and your family will be thanking you!
- Marbled Rye or Pumpernickel Bread: Either types of bread is delicious and will bring out the flavors needed to compliment the rest of the ingredients.
- Corned Beef: The corned beef is best from left overs. That saves on time and warming up quicker too.
- Swiss?cheese:?I just love Swiss cheese and the rich flavoring it has. It is a fun twist on this sandwich, for sure!
- Coleslaw:?It sounds crazy but it is so delicious and compliments this sandwich in every bite.
- Mayonnaise: Sweet, creamy condiment to add that tangy flavor we all love.
- Sugar: Sweeten the mayonnaise by making a dressing on the coleslaw.
- Lemon Juice: Mixed with the coleslaw and other ingredients the lemon is another subtle but delicious flavoring to the coleslaw blend.
- Pickles: Slice them up how ever you prefer and taste the tender crunch in every bite.
- Thousand Island Dressing: Perfect for spreading on the bread adding a rich, thick and creamy dressing with a powerful taste.
How to Make Corned Beef:
This sandwich is filled with an overload of flavor. You are going to love the soft bread with a crunchy crust filled with corned beef, cheese, coleslaw and pickles. Leftover corned beef never tasted SO good!
- Broil bread with cheese:?To assemble arrange corned beef on one slice of bread.? Add 1-2 slices Swiss cheese.? Broil in the oven for 1-2 minutes to melt.
- Make coleslaw dressing:?In a medium sized bowl add the coleslaw, mayonnaise, sugar and lemon juice.? Mix and place on top of cheese.
- Spread dressing:?Spread the dressing evenly on the other slice of bread and top with pickles.
More Satisfying Sandwich Recipes:
- The Ultimate Easy Cuban Sandwich
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Monte Cristo Croissant Sandwich
- Grilled Turkey Florentine Sandwich
- Best Tuna Melt Sandwich Recipe
Corned Beef Sandwich
- 8 slices marbled rye or pumpernickel bread
- 1/2 pound cooked corned beef sliced
- 4-8 slices swiss cheese
- 2 cups coleslaw
- 1/2 mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- thousand island dressing
- To assemble arrange corned beef on one slice of bread. Add 1-2 slices Swiss cheese. Broil in the oven for 1-2 minutes to melt.
- In a medium sized bowl add the coleslaw, mayonnaise, sugar and lemon juice. Mix and place on top of cheese. Spread the dressing evenly on the other slice of bread and top with pickles.