Classic Eggnog Recipe is incredibly easy to make, and such a delight when holiday season starts. If you have milk, cream, sugar and eggs, you can have eggnog ready in 20 minutes!
Seriously ditch the store-bought cartons this holiday season and make your own eggnog at home.
Because its is so so easy. And there’s nothing having warm eggnog while you cozy up on the couch.
Eggnog is a beverage that’s done the holiday rounds for years now.
And it is originally made with some liquor, but we are sharing a non alcoholic eggnog recipe with you today.
And it tastes absolutely amazing!
Creamy, thick, and decadent from a dash of vanilla and nutmeg.
This is pure joy in a glass!
What is Eggnog made of?
You’ll need six ingredients that are probably available in your pantry:
In this recipe, we are cooking the eggs to avoid any chances of bacteria, and also because we don’t have any added alcohol to act as a preservative in the recipe.
How to make Non Alcohol Eggnog
Egg yolks and sugar are whisked together first till creamy and a pale yellow. In the meanwhile, milk and cream are heated to a gentle simmer. Slowly we add the milk mixture to the egg mixture, one fourth cup at a time to cook the eggs. And then we bring the pan back on the heat to thicken the eggnog to the desired consistency. We like it thick and creamy, but you can thin it out with more cream too. In the end, just whisk in the vanilla extract and grated nutmeg and you have yourself a hug in a cup!
Some eggnog recipes also ask you to fold in egg whites at the end, but since we are cooking our eggs here, that’s not necessary. You can use the egg whites to make omelettes or meringues.
Is Eggnog safe to drink?
This is a concern that a lot of people have since traditionally eggnog is made with raw eggs. But in this recipe, we are cooking the eggs which makes this eggnog safe to drink.
I’m really excited about the holiday season, and the pitchers of this non alcoholic eggnog that we are going to make for our family and friends. Eggnog, some christmas cake, and just lots of laughter is how December is going to go down!
More Recipes with Eggnog
- Eggnog Cookies
- Glazed Eggnog Pound Cake
- Eggnog Waffles
- Eggnog Fudge
Non Alcoholic EggnogIf you have milk, cream, sugar and eggs, you can make this incredibly easy eggnog recipe where the eggs are cooked. This non alcoholic eggnog is a cozy holiday drink that’s perfect to share with the family.Course DrinksCuisine AmericanKeyword EggnogPrep Time 10 minutesCook Time 10 minutesTotal Time 20 minutesServings 6 cupsCalories 415kcalAuthor Richa Gupta
- Mixing Bowl
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 cups whole Milk
- 1 1/4 cup heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated Nutmeg
- Separate the eggs and place the yolks in a bowl. The whites can be placed in another bowl, covered and refrigerated for use later in another recipe.
- Add sugar to the yolks and use a hand blender or whisk to whisk them together till pale and creamy.
- Heat milk and cream in a saucepan and bring it to a gentle simmer. Now slowly whisk the milk mixture into the egg mixture. Make sure to add the milk mixture in a thin, steady stream so that you don’t scramble the eggs. Keep whisking continuously till all the milk is whisked in.
- Transfer the mixture back to the saucepan and cook on medium heat till the eggnog thickens to your desired consistency. Keep stirring as it heats to keep it from sticking to the bottom.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
NutritionCalories: 415kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 240mg | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 205mg | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 1098IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 149mg | Iron: 1mg