Melt in the mouth Brown Sugar Garlic Air Fryer Salmon is juicy, tender and full of flavor. Salmon is so good, especially when it’s cooked right, and the Air Fryer makes it perfect every time. It’s an easy hands off way to make a scrumptious meal.
Serve this amazing salmon with veggie and starch of choice. You can try some Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Lemon Honey Asparagus or a fresh Panzanella Salad.
The Best Air Fryer Salmon
Moist and flakey inside, crispy seasoned outside. Baking the salmon in the Air Fryer takes the guess work out of cooking salmon. Sometimes it can be intimidating to cook seafood but it’s so easy. This will turn a weekend meal to a weeknight stable. It’s so quick too! 20 min or so and dinners done!
The combination of brown sugar and garlic is amazing. The sweet and savory duet is a match made in heaven. You are going to love the intense flavor of this recipe.
Easy Salmon Ingredients
- Salmon: This can be made with fresh or previously frozen salmon
- Salt and Pepper: To taste
- Brown Sugar: Provides a richness and will crust nicely
- Chili Powder: Brings the heat to the sweet
- Paprika: Adds color and flavor
- Italian Seasoning: The perfect seasoning for the sugar and heat
- Garlic Powder: A nice punch of flavor
How to Cook Salmon in the Air Fryer
- Rub: Salt and pepper the salmon to taste. In a small bowl mix the brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Rub into the Salmon.
- Bake: Place in the Air Fryer skin side down. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 min. If you are adding asparagus add it after the first 5 min.
Why Air Frying Salmon Works
Air frying is just the best way to cook for so many reasons.
- Circulating: The way the air fryer cooks the salmon allows the air to circulate cooking the outside to crispy perfection. While the inside is juicy and flakey like it should be.
- Salmon: Because salmon is a firm fish it won’t fall apart in the fryer.
- Fast: It’s no secret anymore that cooking with an air fryer is faster and easier to clean up.
- Heat: Using the air fryer won’t heat up your kitchen and frees up the oven for something else. You are going to love it!
Tips for Air Frying Salmon
It’s super easy and will be even better when you follow these tips.
- Choosing your Salmon: Both fresh and frozen salmon works for this recipe. Thaw the frozen salmon before cooking. Salmon should be clean brightly colored and free from soft spots or discolorations.
- Dry: To help the seasonings stick to the salmon pat it dry with paper towels. Also press the seasonings into the salmon so it stays on the salmon.
- Done: Check the salmon early to make sure you don’t over cook it. You do not want to over cook salmon. Using a meat thermometer check the thickest part of the salmon. The internal temp should be 145 degrees F. Remove from the air fryer immediately, it will continue to cook if left in the basket.
- No thermometer: If you don’t have a meat thermometer you can tell when Salmon is done by the color. When salmon is cooked it turns from a translucent reddish to an opaque pink. Raw salmon is translucent and reddish. When it’s cooked, it turns opaque pink.
More Succulent Salmon Recipes to Try
Salmon is so yummy and you can do so much with it.
Air Fryer Salmon
Melt in the mouth Brown Sugar Garlic Air Fryer Salmon is juicy, tender and full of flavor. Salmon is so good, especially when it’s cooked right, and the Air Fryer makes it perfect every time.
Course Dinner, Main Course
Keyword air fryer salmon
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 People
Author Alyssa Rivers
- 1 pound salmon
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper the salmon. In a small bowl add the brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Rub on the salmon.
In the basket of your air fryer add the salmon skin side down. Turn the air fryer to 400 degrees and cook for 10 minutes. If adding asparagus add to the basket after 5 minutes.
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 574mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 317IU | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg