Black Bean and Corn Salad is a?loaded with tons of flavor and all the fresh ingredients from black beans, sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, crisp onions and soft, buttery avocado chunks mixed with a hint of lime juice and?cilantro. A perfect lunch, side dish or appetizer.?
This is an easy and delicious salad that mixes together quickly!?Summer Corn Salad, Chilled Cucumber Tomato Salad or Avocado Tomato and Cucumber Arugula Salad are more great salads to enjoy this summertime!
Black Bean and Corn Salad
Hi guys! It?s?Kelley back from Chef Savvy! Today I am sharing a delicious Black Bean and?Corn Salad! It?takes less than 10 minutes to make and only requires a?few ingredients.
Healthy, easy and loaded with tons of flavor. Corn, black beans, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and avocado are tossed in lime juice and olive oil.?Perfect as an appetizer, snack or as a side dish to fish or chicken. Serve with?homemade tortilla chips?or on tacos!
How do you make Black Bean and Corn Salad?
- To make this festive Avocado Corn and Black Bean Salad simply add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl except for the avocado.
- Toss to combine.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- When ready to serve add in avocado and toss gently making sure not to mash avocado. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Can you make Black Bean and Corn Salad ahead of time?
Yes! This is a great side dish or dip to make ahead of time. It will last about 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator. You will want to add the avocado when you are about to serve the salad.
Can you use fresh corn?
Yes! Fresh corn will taste just as great! Cook the corn on the cob on the stove top and cut off the corn kernels after it has turned a darker yellow.
?Looking for more black bean recipes? Try these!
- Blackened Shrimp Avocado Burrito Bowls
- Blackened Cajun Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Salsa?
- Shrimp Avocado Taco Salad
- One Pan Southwest Blackened Cajun Chicken with Rice
- Beef Taco Salad
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- ? cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- ? cup frozen corn thawed
- ? cup tomatoes quartered
- ? cup red onion minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- ? teaspoon jalapenos minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 whole avocado medium dice
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl except for the avocado. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. (I like to make in advance and let the flavors develop.)
- When ready to serve add in avocado and toss gently. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Here are more Healthy Recipes to try from Chef Savvy!