This baked ravioli is a knockout dinner that is sure to be loved by all! It’s smothered in melty mozzarella, parmesan, and a tasty meat sauce!
Baked pasta dishes are the ultimate comfort food. They’re the perfect weeknight dinner and everyone in your family will love them! Add my spaghetti, casserole, and baked ziti to next week’s dinner lineup. You won’t regret it!
Amazing Cheesy Baked Ravioli Recipe
It’s a Wednesday night, and you want an easy dinner to make for the kids. Here’s your answer! Just like my other baked pasta recipes, this ravioli is as delicious as it is easy to throw together. Not only is it super simple, but it’s extremely satisfying, too! Honestly, this is a dangerous recipe for me. I can see myself making a pan in the middle of the night. It’s the perfect comfort food. You’ve got to try it!
The great thing is, you can customize the ingredients in this recipe to work with whatever you have in the fridge! You can use any kind of ravioli but I opted for four-cheese. Then, all you do is layer with your favorite pasta sauce, homemade Italian seasoning, cheese, and throw it in the oven! It only has a 20-minute baking time but honestly, feels like an eternity. It smells absolutely divine and when you get a peek of that perfectly bubbly, browned cheese on the top? Game over. Sorry kids, this ones for me. Baked ravioli is just that good!
Ingredients for Baked Ravioli
This baked ravioli is perfect for using up any leftover ground beef and pasta sauce you may have lying around. The ingredients are beyond simple! However, with just a pinch of fresh herbs and melty cheese, this dish transforms into something amazing.
- Ravioli: Use any kind here! Four-cheese is my go-to, but meat and spinach-filled ravioli are amazing options, too.
- Ground Beef: For mixing into your marinara. You can swap this for ground pork or even ground turkey for a leaner version of the dish. It can also be omitted entirely for a vegetarian version of the recipe!
- Italian Seasoning: The key to the most flavorful Italian dishes is making your own Italian seasoning! You can use my recipe here to get started, but feel free to customize your own blend!
- Marinara: You can either make this from scratch or use your favorite storebought brand.
- Mozzarella: Mozzarella is so delicious and gets so perfectly melty when baked!
- Parmesan Cheese: Adding a little parmesan is a must. Its sharp flavor makes the whole dish taste amazing.
- Chopped Basil: Used for garnish. Basil has a minty, fresh flavor and is nice and aromatic. It’s the perfect finishing touch!
How to Make the Best Baked Ravioli
Baked ravioli is a dinner anyone can make! It’s so easy but turns out great every time! I also love that it utilizes a casserole dish. One-pot recipes make cleaning up so much easier!
- Cook Ravioli: To begin, cook ravioli according to package instructions. After draining,vset aside.
- Preheat Oven, Cook Meat: Next, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium sized saucepan, add the ground beef and cook and crumble until no longer pink. Add in the italian seasoning and marinara sauce.
- Layer in Casserole Dish: In a 2 quart casserole dish, add ½ cup of the meat sauce on the bottom. Then, layer with ⅓ of the cheese. Finish up by layering with ⅓ of the ravioli. Repeat the layers and end with cheese.
- Add Cheese on Top and Bake: Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and it is cooked throughout. Garnish with freshly chopped basil.
No Italian dinner is complete without breadsticks and a salad! These are some of my favorite sides that are sure to make your whole dinner fabulous! The great thing about this baked ravioli is that since it is so hands-off, you actually have time to prepare side dishes! Yay for easy recipes!
Tips for Perfect Ravioli
Baked ravioli is a family favorite that you’ll go crazy over! Here are a few tips that have the best results when cooking this simple Italian dish!
- Keep Ravioli From Splitting: Ravioli has a tendency to split and fall apart when cooking. To avoid this, don’t overcook them! Also, add your pasta to a pot of boiling water but then immediately turn it down to a simmer. Refrigerated ravioli doesn’t need super high temperatures to cook through.
- Use Other Sauces: Marinara is a classic, but it’s fun to switch things up! Try making this dish with alfredo instead or even vodka sauce!
- Spice it Up: For all of my spicy food lovers, try adding red pepper flakes and chili powder to your marinara for more heat!
Storing Baked Ravioli
This pasta dish can easily be stored and reheated for yummy leftovers! It’s also great for making ahead. It can be both refrigerated and frozen!
- Storing Leftovers: Your leftover baked ravioli will keep in the refrigerator for 4-5 days in an airtight container.
- Reheating: To keep your ravioli from getting soggy, it’s best to reheat in the oven. In a oven-safe pan, pop it in for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Make it’s warmed through before serving.
- Making Ahead: If your ravioli hasn’t been baked yet, you can store your prepared casserole dish in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before baking. Make sure it’s wrapped tightly in plastic wrap or covered with a lid. You can also store your layers in a freezer safe bag for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before adding to a dish and baking.
You can’t go wrong with a mix of al dente pasta and baked, bubbly cheese. My family always goes crazy when I tell them I’m making any of these recipes. They’re so absolutely delicious, even the pickiest of eaters in your family will agree! Cheesy, savory, and satisfying, be prepared to keep these baked pasta dishes on repeat!
- Cook ravioli according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium-sized saucepan add the ground beef and cook and crumble until no longer pink. Add in the Italian seasoning and marinara sauce.
- In a 2-quart casserole dish add ½ cup of the meat sauce on the bottom. Layer with ⅓ of the cheese. Layer with ⅓ of the ravioli. Repeat the layers and end with cheese.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and it is cooked throughout. Serve with freshly chopped basil.