This baked feta dish takes pasta to a whole new level. Using delicious feta cheese, tomatoes, thyme, and basil this recipe will have you coming back for seconds and even thirds!
If you loved this pasta dish then you need to try out some of my other favorites like this shrimp pasta salad, pasta e Fagioli soup, and this amazing bacon carbonara! Your family will go crazy over them all!
Baked Feta Pasta
I love a classic Italian dish and this pasta is SOO GOOD. It brings Italian ingredients and seasonings together and the taste will really knock your socks off. It’s insanely delicious! Feta cheese is so good but adds in a whole block to melt and I am sold! Not to mention the fact that this only takes a few minutes to put together… Easy AND delicious is the best combination!
Because this baked feta pasta is so simple and most of the time is spent with it baking in the oven. While it’s baking then you should mix up this salad, breadsticks, and this dip. All together these make the perfect meal! It will not only taste delicious but the whole thing will look so impressive! Trust me, this isn’t one that you want to miss out on!
Ingredients for Baked Feta Pasta
This list of ingredients is short and sweet but they sure do pack a punch. See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Cherry tomatoes: A classic vegetable to use in pasta dishes, these not only add flavor but a beautiful color.
- Garlic cloves: You can put these in whole or chopped. In a pinch you can use minced garlic. ½ tsp equals about 1 clove of garlic.
- Olive oil: This is be mixed with the seasonings and tomatoes.
- Salt and pepper: Use these to season to your liking.
- Fresh thyme and basil: Using fresh herbs will really make the flavor pop.
- Feta cheese: A block of feta cheese is what will coat all of the noodles.
- Trottole pasta: You can use these or any pasta noodles that you have on hand.
Let’s Make Some Pasta!
If you have to choose one pasta dish to make then this baked feta pasta should be it! It has so much flavor, you can’t go wrong picking this recipe!
- Preheat and toss: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a 3 quart casserole dish add the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme. Toss until coated in the olive oil.
- Add Feta and bake: Add the block of feta into the center of the cherry tomatoes. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cook pasta to al dente: Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Stir in basil: Remove the baked feta from the oven. Add the basil and stir until all ingredients are mixed.
- Add pasta and serve: Add the pasta and toss until coated. Serve baked feta pasta while it’s hot.
What Does “Cook to Al Dente” mean?
Al dente is a cooking term used to describe how firm pasta is. Cooking your pasta to al dente means that the pasta is slightly firm when it’s done. You should be able to bite into it and have it be tender but feel a bit of resistance to it. Al dente pasta holds more nutrients in it! Most pasta packages have the instructions on how long to cook it until it reaches al dente. Follow those instructions and your baked feta pasta will turn out perfectly!
How to Store Leftovers
This baked feta pasta is so yummy to eat the next day! Because this pasta has been cooked, it should be eaten within 2 days. Place it in an airtight container and store it in your fridge. When you are ready to eat it then you can put it in the microwave and heat it for a minute or two until it’s heated through!
Pasta is such a great go to for a dinner. You can add in just about any sides to it and they will all go together. Finish off this baked feta pasta with some delicious sides to complement it. It will really elevate the dish and fill up everyone at the table! Plus, if you make enough then you may even have extra leftovers for dinner tomorrow!
Baked Feta Pasta
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic whole or chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1 (7-8 ounce) block of feta cheese
- 10 ounces trottole pasta noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a 3-quart casserole dish add the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme. Toss until coated in olive oil.
- Add the block of feta into the center of the cherry tomatoes. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Remove the baked feta from the oven. Add the basil and stir until all ingredients are mixed.
- Add the pasta and toss until coated. Serve.