Air Fryer Turkey Burgers are the perfect answer to when you want a juicy, flavorful burger that’s a bit healthier. With a seared outside and moist tender inside it’s the ideal burger!
Air Frying is quick, delicious and usually a healthier way to cook it’s a method you just have to try. Use some of my best air fryer recipes to try yours out with like this The Best Grilled Cheese in the Air Fryer, The Best Air Fryer Chicken Breast or this Perfect Air Fryer Steak with Garlic Herb Butter.
The Best Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
Air Frying burgers has rocked my world! The way the air fryer uses circulating air to create a heavenly crust while leaving the inside succulently juicy and moist is divine. Every time I make these turkey burgers there is a beautiful outside and tender juicy inside. So often poultry in general will dry out so quickly before the inside has a chance to get done. The air fryer changes that. The forced air browns and crisps, just like an oven would, but faster. Allowing the inside to cook and stay juicy. This all accomplished with minimal oil or fat added.
These turkey burgers are perfect for the main meal. Top these with tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, all your favorites and place on your favorite bun and enjoy! Serve them up with some Homemade Air Fryer French Fries or Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries. Add some Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts and you’ll have a complete air fryer meal! Plus using the air fryer means you don’t have to heat up the grill when it’s cold outside or smoke out the house cooking them on the stove. It’s all contained in the air fryer! These are definitely going to be a new favorite.
Turkey Burgers Ingredients
With only 4 ingredients, these burgers can’t get much easier. Feel free to add more spices to your turkey burgers to vary the flavor as desired. Look for ground turkey next to the ground beef in your local grocery store.
- Ground Turkey: Ground chicken can also be used.
- Garlic: minced finely to blend in nicely with the burgers.
- Salt and Pepper: As desired
- Worcestershire Sauce: Adds incredible umami flavor to the burgers
Making Turkey Burgers in the Air Fryer
Using fresh ground turkey in your burgers will make them easier to shape than frozen ground turkey. Air frying them is going to give them that crusty outside and tender juicy inside. Delish!
- Mix: In a medium sized bowl combine the turkey, garlic, salt, pepper and aWorcestershire sauce.
- Shape: Shape into four patties keeping them 1/2 inch thick because they will shrink.
- Fry: Add two patties to the basket and cook at 360 degrees for 7 minutes. Flip the patties and continue to cook for about 5 minutes or until cooked throughout. Internal temperature should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Tips for Amazing Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
There isn’t a whole lot that can go wrong with turkey burgers, but there are a few tips to remember to make sure you have incredible burgers.
- Checking for Doneness: Remember my times are guidelines not absolutes. Check your user manual for your air fryer for best cooking times and adjust if needed. Always judge doneness by temperature not by time. My burgers might have been thicker or thinner or smaller or bigger than yours. Always check your burgers temperature before removing. Turkey Burgers are done when they reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sticky: Sometimes your ground turkey is kind of sticky and hard to form or shape. If this happens use parchment paper to help form them. You can also refrigerate or freeze the meat for a little bit to help firm it up.
- Divot: To help the burgers keep from shrinking too much, push your thumb into the middle and create a divot.
- Turkey: Any kind of ground turkey will work for these burgers. 97/3 to 85/15.
Perfect Turkey Burger Variations
Another nice thing about turkey burgers is how easy they are to customize. And just like any burger you can make a bunch of them and freeze them for quick dinners on a busy night.
- Add Ins Turkey burgers are ideal for adding vegetables secretly. Finely chopped mushrooms, peppers, onions, or shredded zucchini all give the turkey flavor and add moisture.
- Seasonings: I love the flavor that the simple ingredients of garlic and Worcestershire sauce add to these burgers. But the possibilities for other seasonings are endless. BBQ seasonings, taco seasoning, ranch seasoning, greek spices, and even Italian spices would all be amazing.
- Toppings: Again possibilities for topping these turkey burgers is endless. Tomatoes, lettuce, bacon, BBQ Sauce, avocado, sprouts, and whatever else tickles your fancy today!
- Cheese: Don’t forget the cheese! Swiss, cheddar, pepper jack, feta, blue cheese, and Monterey jack are all favorites.
Make Ahead Turkey Burgers
Make a double or even a triple batch of these air fryer turkey burgers to freeze and then pull them out to cook when needed.
- Form the turkey into burger shape and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and freeze for 1-2 hours or till firm but not frozen solid.
- Using parchment paper to separate the patties, stack the burgers and place in a freezer safe ziplock bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- When ready to use, you can cook the burgers in the air fryer from frozen adding 3-5 more minutes to the cooking time. Or thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
More Burger-Loving Recipes to Try
Burgers! They’re juicy, full of flavor, a total comfort food and customizable. They’re amazing. I love burgers. In all forms. Truly you can’t go wrong with burgers! Perfectly proportioned, seasoned exquisitely and topped to your heart’s desire, they are just so fun to make and eat. Try these burger variations tonight!
- The Best Grilled Burger and Secret Sauce
- Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers
- Juicy Grilled Garlic Turkey Burgers
- Salmon Burgers
- Grilled Chipotle Ranch Burgers
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon worchestershire sauce
- In a medium sized bowl combine the turkey, garlic, salt, pepper and worcestershire sauce. Shape into four patties keeping them 1/2 inch thick because they will shrink.
- Add two patties to the air fryer basket and cook at 360 degrees for 7 minutes. Flip the patties and continue to cook for about 5 minutes or until cooked throughout.